Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Another day at home....

The idea of waking itself was quite dreadful this morning. Another day spent at home just looking at the walls and doing more Statistics for CFA. I just hope I get a job to do after the 20th of August, at least now I can console myself that I'm sitting here doing almost nothing because of some policies. However, after that I'll be just unemployed and I doubt my ego (which is about thrice the size of my head) can take such a bashing. The thought that I'm going to be 25 and still not working sucks in itself, especially when I think of my galfriends from jc who have already been working for 2years.

Last night I just had to go out somewhere so at 11.30pm, I took my dad's car and drove all the way to paya lebar airbase, which is just down the road, made a u-turn and came back home. It was a means to keep my sanity I guess. At least today I'll be going to novena and then for dinner, so there's something to look forward to. I am still waiting for that call from GE Money but if it doesn't come that's fine. I come from the school of thought where there's always something better ahead so if I don't get something its cos something better is coming ahead.

I truly understand the sentiments of unemployed men, it just eats into u when u start to think how u are just sitting and doing nothing. Contributing nothing to yourself and others......Well I found a quote to make me feel better for the next 3 weeks, I'm sure many would agree....

'All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind.'
-Aristotle

No comments: