Sunday, July 22, 2007

After 3 days...

Its been 3 days since I've posted anything, just busy and sian to post anything. On Thursday and Friday, I had my last parade. We did a change of command parade. The parade was about 45 mins and quite alright, especially since there were cute dogs on parade too so I just entertained myself by watching them. Got an investment banking operations offer on Friday while I was driving to my Audiometry test and then the agent told me that I can't work while clearing leave and this was something that I didn't know. Upon returning to camp I checked it out with Encik and found out its true. I was damn disappointed by it and felt misearble all Friday and was just bitching about it. So I'll be home for sometimes just slacking but it'll be a good opportunity to study for my CFA exams. I'm still not through the first book and there are 6 in total.

On Saturday, my dad's new car was being delivered so went with him to collect it. He got the Honda CRV instead of another continental car mainly because we have stopped travelling to KL that often. It was nice driving an SUV but there was the blind spot problem which my brother indicated about in the showroom itself. He's in ns and now on course to be a transport sup. so he's spent countless hours driving the Landrover Defender and the 5 tonne trucks up and down the expressways. After the merc and BMW, this car feels very light to drive and though it has a 2.4liter engine the power isn't as good as the 520's 2 liter engine. But it was time for the 520 to go, the maintenance in 2006 alone cost my dad $14k. Anyway, I've posted some pics of the car taken with my hand phone.






Tomorrow is my ORD function, so for the countless hours I spent under the sun doing parades I'll get a small medallion looking thing. There's supposed to be a speech but I don't intend to give one because I hardly know anyone. Probably the only person I'd really want to thank for these few weeks would be staff tham and for the 2 years in TAB would be staff ridzwan.

No comments: