Tuesday, August 28, 2007

In Chennai

On Monday morning, I left home at 0640 to check in for my flight which was scheduled to leave at 0825hrs then in typical Indian Airlines style we were told that the flight has been rescheduled to 1010hrs for operational reasons. So we went to the biz class lounge and had breakfast after which I went to the watch shop in the airport to check out the loads of nice watches.

After we boarded the aircraft, they moved it till the taxiway and then decided something was wrong with the aircraft and so we went back to the apron and waited. We waited from 1000 to 1300, which was when we took off. And for safety reasons, the captain decided against flying across the Bay of Bengal and went on a route that was near land so it took 4.5hrs. I didn't mind all the wait as there was super hot air hostess, Nancy on board. She had one of the most angelic faces I've ever seen. It was a stark contrast to the usual old woman you get on Indian airlines. Then I realised she only served biz class and aunties were for the economy class. Even the class u travel in determines the gals who serve you.

Anyway after landing I went to Gowdya Mutt temple with my aunt and had the greatest paal payasam I've had in my life. Today, I'm taking a 55min flight to Madurai followed by a 1.5hour drive to Karaikuddi.

1 comment:

Sheela said...

Awaiting more interesting info in Madurai and Karaikudi