Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Heuter ist Dienstag.

Just out of curiosity, I dropped by Jobstreet.com this morning and saw a position "Fund Managers Assistant". The position looked for students on vacation or studying part time and it was a temporary assignment between 3-6 months. So went for the interview with the agent. The woman who interviewed me looked like she joined the agency 2 weeks back, she was totally blur and didn't ask me anything. When I asked her about the job, the only thing she could tell me was, "ermm...its assisting the fund managers i guess?? that's what I gathered from what the client told me." I felt like shaking her and asking her if I was so dumb not to know that. Anyway lets see what's the outcome.

Anyway after that I went to Times Bookshop at Golden Shoe to look for a book that I wanted. My gf was getting it for me as our anniversary present so I just went to check if it was there since I was in the area. Anyway, they had the book there so I just got it. The book's title is "Guide to Analysing Companies" its part of The Economist series of books. I thought the content was good and that it would be useful during my masters as well. Anyway, a useful gift is always the best gift,at least to me. I think I'll have to use Foo Check Teck's method of reading 2 books at a time so that I can finish this as well. I'm still not done with my undercover economist, its getting kinda dry especially when they go on talking for pages about negative externalities.

My mirdangam teacher who had a stroke on my convo day is out of ICU, I'm yet to visit him. But the guys were saying he now responds by slightly opening his eyes when called. Heard he cant recognise his own wife and kids, I doubt he'll be playing after this so that's the end of my mirdangam class. When we to class as kids he'll scold as all the rubbish under the sun. The classes were often draining and I've gone home a number of times with the skin on my fingers split due to the constant impact, he'll say only when that happens you've practised enough. I just hope he gets better.


Tomorrow
is the start of my daily morning run, hope I get down to doing it tomorrow. I also am going to start polishing up my Visual Basic Programming which I last touched in 2001 from tomorrow onwards. I realise I need the VBA (Visual Basic for Application) skills for some of my modules in Sydney which require extensive programming and Excel work. I'd rather perfect things like this now than to struggle during the semester trying to learn the theory and the programming side by side. Some may call this being kiasu but I call it working smart.

No comments: