Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Visa Blues

Yesterday, I went to Raffles Hospital for my medical check up. The whole places was packed with students and people from China, I didn't know Singapore now offers mainlanders immediate citizenship. Anyway the check up and x-ray was only about 20mins but I took me 3hours to get out of that place. The doctor who did the check up found all the question asked quite hilarious. Later in the evening the nurse in charge of the clinic called to let me know that the doctor who did the check up was authorised by the Australian Embassy and so I had to go back again today to see him.

The visa drama didn't end there. just as i was going to make my online application for the visa, on the page where it says 'Click here to start application', there's a statement saying "Visa applications can only be made 124days before the course commences" and it isn't 124days yet. So to sort all this out I went to the Australian High Commission after my visit to the hospital. The lady at the counter told me that the medical records are valid for 12 months so I can just apply nearing the time I need the visa.

So for those of you who plan on going to US, UK or Australia on a long term basis, please start preparing early for all their visa requirements. They don't plan on letting Asian brats like us on their good land easily i guess ;-)

No comments: