Friday, September 7, 2007

Its Friday...

Its the end of another week, which means I'm one week close to my CFA exams as well. I've not gone out anywhere since coming back to Singapore as my gf has gone on a holiday with her family. Another week before she's back in SG, so for now its Economics from CFA that's keeping me company.

To those who plan on going to Australia to study, start doing stuff for your visa early. Firstly, the embassy website occasionally will not load. Secondly, you can be put on hold for an hour and nobody will attend to your call. Lastly, the forms are so long and detailed that it'll take you quite sometime filling them up. Called Raffles Hospital which is one of the designated clinics for the visa check up to enquire about the cost and the procedure, so I'll be going down on Monday to get it done. Tests include test for mental stability, intelligence, HIV, Hep B & C and VD. There's an x-ray as well to see if all your limbs are in place.

Tom morrow, Srikanth and I are going to Oxford Tailors to order our suit to bring with us to Sydney. He's in a rush to tailor it since he wants to bring to it to India with him but I'm only getting mine done sometime in mid-November. Probably have to tailor some good shirts to bring with us for presentations and etc. For the sg guys who fuss about wearing a tie, the minimum dress code at an interview in Australia is a suit.

Found something interesting on Wikipedia so for those who understand Tamil take a read.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madras_bashai

No comments: